Before completing a factory reset, please reach out to [email protected]. Please note that performing a factory reset wipes any data not yet uploaded to the cloud.
Be sure you have tried unplugging and plugging the device, and putting the device in pairing mode before resetting the device.
To do a reset, follow these steps:
- Unplug the power cable from the power outlet.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- With the power cable still unplugged, take a pin or paper clip and press into the bigger hole located next to the pairing button. See image below for reference.
- Keeping the pin pressed in, plug the power cable back to the power outlet.
- Continue pressing the pin for an additional 15 seconds after the power has been connected. The hub should start flashing white (it may flash other colors in between).
- You may then release the pin. You will notice that eventually the hub will go back to flashing blue. If this does not happen, please contact [email protected]
- Log into your account on the app, go to the menu, and select ‘My Eight’. Then, select ‘Put into pairing mode’ to connect the device to your home Wi-Fi.
For a video of the factory reset, follow the link below: