Our product is designed with two distinct sleep zones - this means that each zone is kept separate from each other. Our sensors will sometimes pick up movement from the other side of the bed and may get confused. We are aware this may cause slight data inaccuracies from time to time.
- With a partner: If you tend to sleep closer to the middle, you may alter your own data by moving off the sensors or affect your partner's by adding extra movement.
- Solo: Try to stay on one side of the bed for the most accurate results. We are actively working on adding support for entire use of the bed for solo sleepers.
- With a pet: Keeping pets at the foot of the bed, and further away from the sensor strip, will help improve the accuracy of your sleep data.
Additional things to keep in mind:
- Eight tracks your sleep with a sensor strip at chest level. Sleeping on your back or stomach puts your body in closer contact with the sensor, making it easier to accurately measure your heart and breathing rates and, of course, your sleep.
- The tighter the cover on your mattress, the more accurate your sleep data will be. Make sure the cover is pulled all the way down each side of the mattress. Just watch out for the connector cable!
We recommend trying to stay around your paired side of the bed to receive the most accurate sleep metrics. You can also update your sleep data by scrolling to the bottom of "Last Night" and selecting "Edit session." This will correct it for yourself and also provide us with valuable feedback to help improve the algorithms going forward!